PILOT RADIO LICENCE STUDY QUESTIONS
The following provides study questions that may be anticipated on Langley Flying School’s RORC Examination for issue of the Radiotelephone Operator’s Restricted Certificate (Aeronautical).
The study and reference material for this examination appears at the following link: Study Guide.
In addition to the questions below, students preparing for examination must memorize the phonetic alphabet.
- What is the international VHF distress frequency?
- What forms of communication are not permitted over the radio?
- What is the order of priority for transmission?
- To whom should a distress signal be addressed?
- What actions should a pilot take when a distress transmission is heard?
- What are the rules governing transmissions during distress traffic?
- What is the proper format for the initial broadcast of a distress message?
- What is the correct format for reporting an aircraft’s altitude?
- What are the meanings of the numeric code associated with a radio check?
- Who may initiate a distress message from an aircraft?
- When must a Radiotelephone Operator’s Restricted Certificate be renewed?
- What communication should be made if you could not properly hear a transmission from ATC?